-   -   security best practice (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/80769-security-best-practice.html)

ChadDavis 05-02-2008 05:09 PM

security best practice

I'd like some advice from the admins.* I'm a developer who admins my own environment in a home office.* I get things done, but perhaps not in the best fashion.

For instance, I just installed the tomcat server via the debian repositories.* By default, all of the files go in under the root ownership and group.* I want my developer users to be able to access all of the various tomcat files, from logs and conf stuff to startup scripts.* What is the "right" way of granting this access to my users?*