Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Default libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to compile a program using an older
GLIBC / GLIBCXX API so that I can send the compiled program to someone
using an older gcc version. This seems like a trivial problem, but I
cannot find any tutoral on what flags to turn on/off on google...

Thanks!
--
Mathieu

Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to compile a program using an older
> GLIBC / GLIBCXX API so that I can send the compiled program to someone
> using an older gcc version. This seems like a trivial problem, but I
> cannot find any tutoral on what flags to turn on/off on google...

Not exactly what you want, but can't -static help?

--
Hand, n.:
A singular instrument worn at the end of a human arm and

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb

Old 05-03-2008, 04:59 PM
mathieu

On May 2, 2:10 pm, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am trying to figure out how to compile a program using an older
> > GLIBC / GLIBCXX API so that I can send the compiled program to someone
> > using an older gcc version. This seems like a trivial problem, but I
> > cannot find any tutoral on what flags to turn on/off on google...
>
> Not exactly what you want, but can't -static help?

Thanks Eduardo, but I'd like to avoid static linking.

Just for reference, I had better luck posting in the g++ specific
nesgroup.
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.g++.help/browse_thread/thread/cd3af5573ee9498a/34147fa106c019cb#34147fa106c019cb

-Mathieu