Old 04-27-2008, 04:16 AM
John W Foster

Default Seeking Debian Linux user that might share some tips on adding extensions.

I have been at this for a while but just recently installed the
Debianized versiion of Mediawiki from the Testing arena. I have been
trying, with some assistence & information from the Debian package
maintainer to get extensions to work that are not packaged with the
Debian Mediawiki. I am not new to Debian or Linux but only about a year
of practice with Mediawiki. I started off by installing the regular
version from Wikimedia/Mediawiki. After some database issues, I decided
(for ease of upgrades) to switch to the Debian version. All went well
including an upgrade, until I started trying to add extensions to the
wiki that were installed the "normal" way per the package maintainer.
This is not working. My question is : Is there any one else one the list
that might offer any tips???
frosty