Old 04-27-2008, 01:15 AM
hce

Default Checking missing files in command line

Hi,

How can I check missing library files comparing two directories
(including subdirecties) to use diff or other tools in command line?

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:37 AM
NN_il_Confusionario

> * From: hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com>
>How can I check missing library files comparing two directories
>(including subdirecties) to use diff or other tools in command line?

Perhaps I do not understand the question: what's wrong with

cd $PATH1
find . >/tmp/dir1.list
cd $PATH2
find . >/tmp/dir2.list
diff /tmp/dir1.list /tmp/dir2.list

?

Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
necro

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 08:37:15AM +0200, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> Perhaps I do not understand the question: what's wrong with
> cd $PATH1
> find . >/tmp/dir1.list
> cd $PATH2
> find . >/tmp/dir2.list
> diff /tmp/dir1.list /tmp/dir2.list

diff -rq $PATH1/ $PATH2/

--
Nicolo' Cristini
Linux registered user #265562

PGP Key id: 0xDED6220C
PGP Key fingerprint = 80F5 34DA 9759 C8C3 0385 5657 C3F0 D216 DED6 220C

Old 04-28-2008, 06:53 AM
hce

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:20 PM, necro <necro@circolab.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 08:37:15AM +0200, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> > Perhaps I do not understand the question: what's wrong with
> > cd $PATH1
> > find . >/tmp/dir1.list
> > cd $PATH2
> > find . >/tmp/dir2.list