Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Troy Telford

Default System Mail

I just changed the hostname on one of my servers; using the typical ways
- changed /etc/hostname, and the hostname command. I've also updated
/etc/hosts. (And I needed to change the power plug, so the system was
also rebooted.)

However, after I changed the hostname, I don't seem to be able to get
any system mail - (ie. the mdadm daemon sends root an email to announce
that the raid array is in a degraded state, etc).

Another (trivial) issue is linuxlogo - even after apt-get purging and
re-installing linuxlogo, it still has the old hostname. Is there
something I need to put into debconf to get it to recognize that the
system's hostname has changed?