Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Nicolas George

Default Disabling Iceweasel plugins

Hi.

Is there a standard way to disable an Iceweasel plugin installed by a
package?

I like my default Iceweasel session to be completely plugin-free: it makes
it faster, mor stable, and acts as an efficient ad-remover on crappy sites.
When I want to visit a site that needs one, which is reasonably rare in my
case, I start a new session with $MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH.

Unfortunately, some packaged plugins come with symlinks in the default
directory, and I did not find how to disable them, apart from removing the
symlinks, which conflicts with dpkg.

Is there a solution?

Nicolas George

Old 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:46:04 +0200
Nicolas George <nicolas.george@normalesup.org> wrote:

Hello Nicolas,

> Unfortunately, some packaged plugins come with symlinks in the default
> directory, and I did not find how to disable them, apart from

Why not do it t'other way around? That is, let dpkg install all the
plugins and what not in the default location, but call your unsullied
Iceweasel with $MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH. From a script in ~/bin, for example.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

The man in a tracksuit attacks me