Old 04-25-2008, 09:08 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

Default custom kernel and make kpkg modules_image

I made a custom kernel:

make kpkg --revision=.custom.10 --append-to-version=.cybo.1 --initrd
kernel_image

this issued in: linux-image-2.6.25.cybo.1_custom.1.0_amd64.deb

I installed this and wanted to make nvidia modules for it:

make-kpkg modules_image

This issued an error: (para phrased, in a new kernel after a reboot)

I thought we were making version 2.6.25.custom.1.0 but we find 2.6.25.cybo.1

It has been a while since I custom made a kernel: how do I change the
versioning number to match the kernel I made?

contents of conf.vars:

This is kernel package version 11.001-0.1.
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 25
EXTRAVERSION =