Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Micha

Default no text or icons in xserver (gdm and xfce)

I tried configuring my new computer with ati x3100 graphics card

If I use debian's default configuration don't get any text or icons at all on
screen, that includes gdm, xfce menus and toolbars, terminal, etc

with the vesa mode forced it works and with ubuntu, same xorg.conf and compiz
it works

any ideas?

thanks