Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Jabka Atu

Default What hardware diagnostic tools should you recommend ?

Hello,..

I'm creating a list of diagnsotic tools list to help in Hardwhere
Diagnostics.

Laptop Battery information.

cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info

CPU info :

cat /proc/cpuinfo

MEM info:

cat /proc/meminfo

Hardisk information:

hdparm -I /dev/sda (first scsi disk).

sensord

smartmontools

memtest86

please add more

Old 04-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Jabka Atu wrote:

> Hello,..
>

> I'm creating a list of diagnsotic tools list to help in Hardwhere
> Diagnostics.

[msg snipped]

> please add more

Here are couple of things in addition to what you already wrote.

lshw -- info about hardware
lshw-gtk
lspci -vv -- displays all devices connected to your PCI bus
lsscsi
lsusb
ls -al /proc/kcore -- to see how much ram is installed
df -h -- displays disk usage information
fdisk -l -- displays all disks/partitions that your computer knows about
free -m -- displays memory usage
/proc/ide -- to see the detected IDE drives
/proc/bus/scsi -- to see the identified scsi systems
/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info -- to see capabilities of CD drives.
dmidecode -- for serial numbers, BIOS revisions

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Old 04-25-2008, 04:23 AM
"Rafael Fontenelle"

Try /sbin/sfdisk -l instead of fdisk -l.

2008/4/25, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com>:
Jabka Atu wrote:

> Hello,..
>

> I'm**creating a list of diagnsotic tools list to help in Hardwhere
> Diagnostics.

[msg snipped]