Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
PETER EASTHOPE

Default HP ScanJet C6270A and sane.

Folk,

There is an HP ScanJet C6270A here. lsusb fails to detect
it and I've found no evidence in Lenny that the scanner
is connected via USB. I'll guess that this scanner has USB 1.

SCSI works a little better.
peter@dalton:~$ lsscsi
[0:0:0:0] disk FUJITSU M2624F-512 0405 /dev/sda
[0:0:2:0] process HP C6270A 3828 -
peter@dalton:~$ quiteinsane
Xlib: extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".

The quiteinsane viewer reports that no device is found.

Any ideas to get USB working? Is there any provision to
over-ride default USB settings, analogous to ethtool for
ethernet?

Any ideas to get quiteinsane to work with the SCSI
connection?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
http://carnot.yi.org/
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/

Old 04-25-2008, 05:21 AM
André Berger

* PETER EASTHOPE (2008-04-24):
> Folk,
>
> There is an HP ScanJet C6270A here. lsusb fails to detect
> it and I've found no evidence in Lenny that the scanner
> is connected via USB. I'll guess that this scanner has USB 1.

Have you tried hplip yet?

-André

--
May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!
Linkstation/KuroBox/HG/HS/Tera Kernel 2.6/PPC from <http://hvkls.dyndns.org>

Old 04-25-2008, 05:51 AM
"Tim Yang"

2008/4/25, PETER EASTHOPE <peasthope@shaw.ca>:
> Folk,
>
> There is an HP ScanJet C6270A here. lsusb fails to detect
> it and I've found no evidence in Lenny that the scanner
> is connected via USB. I'll guess that this scanner has USB 1.

You may need to install a driver for HP scanner. If you have not done
that, look for packages with hp prefix, such as hpijs, which worked
for my C1315. There are a few of them in the list.

Tim Yang

Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Thursday 24 April 2008 20:57:07 PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Folk,
>
> There is an HP ScanJet C6270A here. lsusb fails to detect
> it and I've found no evidence in Lenny that the scanner
> is connected via USB. I'll guess that this scanner has USB 1.
>
> SCSI works a little better.
> peter@dalton:~$ lsscsi
> [0:0:0:0] disk FUJITSU M2624F-512 0405 /dev/sda
> [0:0:2:0] process HP C6270A 3828 -
> peter@dalton:~$ quiteinsane
> Xlib: extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".
>
> The quiteinsane viewer reports that no device is found.
>
> Any ideas to get USB working? Is there any provision to
> over-ride default USB settings, analogous to ethtool for
> ethernet?
>
> Any ideas to get quiteinsane to work with the SCSI
> connection?
>
> Thanks, ... Peter E.
>

> --
> http://carnot.yi.org/
> http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/

Google: linuc c6270a brings you there:
http://hp-linux.cern.ch/support/devscanner.php3
Thierry

Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM

Folk,

At Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:09:26 +0200 Thierry Chatelet wrote,
"Google: linuc c6270a brings you there:
http://hp-linux.cern.ch/support/devscanner.php3
"

Good tip! Thanks!

The problem was merely lack of permission for a user.
The scanner works with nothing more than
chmod 666 /dev/sg1
.

Regards, ... Peter E.

--