Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
quim

Default Trying to install the Ralink wireless drivers

Alo

Don't need need to compile drivers, but upgrade to kernel 2.6.22

Install the RT2x00 wireless network drivers -loadable kernel modules for
wireless network cards using Ralink RT2x00 chips.

something like rt2x00-modules-2.6.22-2-686

Install wireless tools

Install RutilT which is GTK config

Run RutilT

Does this help?

Quim

Old 04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
James Allsopp

Sorry about the stupidity of the next question; how to upgrade to
2.6.22, I'm currently running stable. I looked at doing it manually (
download source etc.) but thought someone might know a quicker more
debian way, like using apt-get. I did google it, but got a lot of hits
about moving from 2.4 to 2.6.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Jim

Old 04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
"Mumia W.."

Sorry about the stupidity of the next question; how to upgrade to
2.6.22, I'm currently running stable. I looked at doing it manually (
download source etc.) but thought someone might know a quicker more
debian way, like using apt-get. I did google it, but got a lot of hits
about moving from 2.4 to 2.6.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Jim

The website http://www.backports.org has kernel 2.6.22 already compiled
and apt-gettable. The instructions to use backports.org /should/ be on
the website, but this is from my sources.list:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free

Old 04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
James Allsopp

Thank you for that Mumia, but I'm not sure why to use a different site,
would apt-get install -t testing kernel-image work? I've looked at their
web-site and says it uses etch libraries, but surely that wouldn't
affect the kernel. I'm really new to debian so any explanations would be
good.

Jim

Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
"Mumia W.."