Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

Default How to refresh Debian to install software set

Berni Elbourn wrote:

A good system in my world has the absolute minimum of files to do the
job properly. For a start there is by definition going to be less
potential for security holes...anyhooooooo try this:

# tasksel

Berni

Berni,

I like. That goes back a ways. That should do it, I think?

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com

Old 04-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Kevin Mark

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 08:26:51AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-04-25 04:28 +0200, Kevin Mark wrote:
>
> > and there is a tool to verify that there are not missing files from your
> > installed DEB files (i think its 'debverify'?? if anyone know, do tell)
>
> It's called `debsums', actually.
>
> > |_______ Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|
>
> Your Mail-Followup-To header indicates that you want to be CC'ed. Is
> that true? [Sending this to you, but with M-F-T to the list.]
>
> Sven
Hi Sven,
I use mutt with 'L' for list reply. Is that the way to fix the m-f-t?
If not, what suggestion?
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|