Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
ktt

Default apt-get from hard disk

Hi,

I copied ETCH install cd content to a directory,
but the line in etc/apt/sources.list

deb file:///ETCH/1 binary/

doesn't work:

apt-get update

Failed to fetch file:///ETCH/1/binary/Packages
File not found
W: Couldn't stat source package list 'file: binary/ Packages' (/var/state/apt/lists/_ETCH_1_binary_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

How could I manage that problem?

Thank you in advance,
ktt

Old 04-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Kumar Appaiah

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 07:28:15AM -0700, ktt wrote:
> I copied ETCH install cd content to a directory,
> but the line in etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb file:///ETCH/1 binary/
>
> doesn't work:
>
> apt-get update
>
> Failed to fetch file:///ETCH/1/binary/Packages
> File not found
> W: Couldn't stat source package list 'file: binary/ Packages' (/var/state/apt/lists/_ETCH_1_binary_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
>
> How could I manage that problem?

man dpkg-scanpackages
From the synopsis:
dpkg-scanpackages [options] binary-dir [override-file [path-prefix]] >
Packages

So, by running dpkg-scanpackages, you can generate the packages file
which can be used by APT when you do apt-get update.

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,