-   -   emacs research (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/74661-emacs-research.html)

Jude DaShiell 04-23-2008 07:43 AM

emacs research

I'm about to do a bit of emacs research here. First I'm going to
downgrade the system to sarge stable and see if I can install emacs and
bsdgames and emacs add-ons and do it successfully. If that fails, one of
two possibilities exist a) the hardware is failing it's close to 9 years
old now, or b) the system was hacked. Entirely possible given the level
of unlawful computer activity in my geographical area. If so, I know
where I put my hacker removal tool and how to use it so that won't be a
problem for long. After that, I take debian up through the distributions
until emacs installations start breaking. One less distribution where I
notice the first problem and I'll know in which distro the offending
change happened. When I find out, I'll send a message and let you all
know.

"s. keeling" 04-24-2008 01:01 AM

emacs research

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net>:
> I'm about to do a bit of emacs research here. First I'm going to
> downgrade the system to sarge stable and see if I can install emacs and
> bsdgames and emacs add-ons and do it successfully. If that fails, one of
> [snip]
> problem for long. After that, I take debian up through the distributions
> until emacs installations start breaking. One less distribution where I

wtf are you talking about? Check your own backup and restore routines
too. Perhaps the problem's closer to home.