Old 04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
paragasu

Default 1024 cylinder limit.

i have an old motherboard. Pentium R acer motherboard.
during my days working with windows. the bios can only detect 2GB of diskspace
regardless of disk size (eg: 20GB) i attach to the motherboard.
It this limit also true in debian?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM
"Eduardo M KALINOWSKI"

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM, paragasu <paragasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have an old motherboard. Pentium R acer motherboard.
> during my days working with windows. the bios can only detect 2GB of
> diskspace
> regardless of disk size (eg: 20GB) i attach to the motherboard.
> It this limit also true in debian?

Linux does not use the BIOS to access the disks, so it can use the
full capacity of the disk. However, it might be necessary for the boot
partition to be in the first 2GB of the disk.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
paragasu