-   -   Burning Audio CD (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/74197-burning-audio-cd.html)

Daniel Ngu 04-22-2008 01:07 PM

Burning Audio CD

Hi,

I need advice on burning audio cd using command line.

Here's what I use:

To rip cd to wav:

icedax dev=/dev/hdd -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav

To burn wav to cd:

wodim dev=/dev/hdd speed=1 -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav

However, the issue I'm having is that for the burned audio CD,

I always noticed that some of the tracks have a couple of odd

random static noise among them if not worst. What is the cause

of these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Daniel

"David Fox" 04-22-2008 01:41 PM

Burning Audio CD

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Daniel Ngu <daniel.dy.ngu@gmail.com> wrote:
> To burn wav to cd:
>
> wodim dev=/dev/hdd speed=1 -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav

I've always added -audio -pad when I burn CD's from wav files. Or, I
just burn them in k3b, which works. But of course you wanted a command
line solution.

Your media might not be rated for speeds of 1, which is quite slow.
What you might try is to use a speed factor of 1/2 your CD burner's
rated top speed (if it's like 24, use -speed 12). See if that helps.

Daniel Ngu 04-22-2008 09:09 PM

Burning Audio CD

On 2008-04-22, David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Daniel Ngu <daniel.dy.ngu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To burn wav to cd:
>>
>> wodim dev=/dev/hdd speed=1 -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav
>
> I've always added -audio -pad when I burn CD's from wav files. Or, I
> just burn them in k3b, which works. But of course you wanted a command
> line solution.
>
> Your media might not be rated for speeds of 1, which is quite slow.
> What you might try is to use a speed factor of 1/2 your CD burner's
> rated top speed (if it's like 24, use -speed 12). See if that helps.
>
>> Daniel

Thanks David, will give that a try.

Daniel

Daniel Ngu 04-25-2008 03:09 AM

Burning Audio CD

On 2008-04-22, Daniel Ngu <daniel.dy.ngu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008-04-22, David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Daniel Ngu <daniel.dy.ngu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> To burn wav to cd:
>>>
>>> wodim dev=/dev/hdd speed=1 -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav
>>
>> Your media might not be rated for speeds of 1, which is quite slow.
>> What you might try is to use a speed factor of 1/2 your CD burner's
>> rated top speed (if it's like 24, use -speed 12). See if that helps.
>>
>>> Daniel
>
> Thanks David, will give that a try.
>
> Daniel

Thanks David, I have tried speed factor of 1/2 my writer and it was a success.

Regards,

Daniel

Paul Cartwright 04-25-2008 11:06 AM

Burning Audio CD

On Thu April 24 2008, Daniel Ngu wrote:
> >> Your media might not be rated for speeds of 1, which is quite slow.
> >> What you might try is to use a speed factor of 1/2 your CD burner's
> >> rated top speed (if it's like 24, use -speed 12). See if that helps.

> > Thanks David, will give that a try.
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Thanks David, I have tried speed factor of 1/2 my writer and it was a
> success.
>
> Regards,

I use -speed 2 when I run my scripts for makedvd. The man makedvd didn't
really explain what the numbers meant, but I also had a problem with 1 as
default. My burner is also a X24, I might try 12, that will be LOTS faster!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Jörg-Volker Peetz 04-26-2008 02:57 PM

Burning Audio CD

Daniel Ngu wrote:

Hi,

I need advice on burning audio cd using command line.
Here's what I use:

To rip cd to wav:

icedax dev=/dev/hdd -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav

To burn wav to cd:

wodim dev=/dev/hdd speed=1 -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav

<snip>

For me the following works with testing/lenny:
cd to an empty directory;
ripping:

cdparanoia -vB

burning:

wodim -v dev=/dev/cdrw driveropts=noburnfree track*

Jörg-Volker.