FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Thierry Chatelet
 
Default HS: How to ban some IP's to connect to apache server

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 10:54:51 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 10:48:04 Ron Johnson wrote:
> > There's a package in the repository that well scan your Apache logs
> > and generate appropriate IPtables rules. Sadly, I don't remember
> > the name.
> >
> > --
> > Ron Johnson, Jr.
>
> Old age, Ron? Well I guess I too am better to get use to it.
> Thierry

arno-iptables-firewall seems pretty good to me.
Thierry


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Peter Werner
 
Default HS: How to ban some IP's to connect to apache server

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 03:48:04AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> There's a package in the repository that well scan your Apache logs
> and generate appropriate IPtables rules. Sadly, I don't remember
> the name.

it is called fail2ban.
 
Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Thierry Chatelet
 
Default HS: How to ban some IP's to connect to apache server

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 11:26:23 Peter Werner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 03:48:04AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > There's a package in the repository that well scan your Apache logs
> > and generate appropriate IPtables rules. Sadly, I don't remember
> > the name.
>
> it is called fail2ban.

Wooo, much better than arno's staff. Thanks
My problem is solved.
Thierry


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Ron Johnson
 
Default HS: How to ban some IP's to connect to apache server

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 04/22/08 03:54, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 10:48:04 Ron Johnson wrote:
>> There's a package in the repository that well scan your Apache logs
>> and generate appropriate IPtables rules. Sadly, I don't remember
>> the name.
>>
>> --
>> Ron Johnson, Jr.
>
> Old age, Ron? Well I guess I too am better to get use to it.

I *am* getting old, but in this case it's simply because I don't run
a web server, and thus have no pressing need to remember such a
package's name.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIDbi6S9HxQb37XmcRAsTiAJ94Q/XuiEHpUFxsrSE+E0uBFZkOJACghUVY
8gXmsFp4Crj4QjJiWKWGioM=
=i6qo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org