Old 04-22-2008, 04:26 AM
"John Marvin L. Magsino"

Default 2 ISPs ( 2 gateways) and a Debian Box

J, thanks for the rep. It worked for now... i'm still monitoring the anacron you told me.

anyways, i was wondering if anyone can help me again with another problem i have right now. i dont know if somebody Did this.

i have 2 ISPs ( 2 routers which act as a gateway)* and a debian Box running Apache + PHP + Mysql. what i wanted to do is to make the debian box port forwarded to both the ISPs.

my ISP routers used are home routers. ( Linksys BEFSR21 & Prolink)

basically, i was able to port forward ISP 1 to Debian, changed the Gateway 1 (ISP1) to gateway 2 (ISP2)* and make them function one at a time. the Problem is, i can't make them simultaneously connect to

I've been googling about it and they spoke of MultiWAn routers which basically cost more.

would there be a way for me to serve my debian box application using the 2 public IPs simultaneously without adding equipments?

ISP1 (124.0.0.1)

*** |
*** +-[modem/router (192.168.10.2)]-----+** +---[Debian Box (192.168.2.4)]
*************************************** |** |
************************* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **** [unmanaged Switch ]

*************************************** |*** +-[modem / router (192.168.10.3)]---+
*** |
ISP2 (124.90.90.1)

--
=================================
JOHN MARVIN L. MAGSINO

Systems Administrator, IST: ITServices
TAO Corporation

19th Floor, Citybank Towers,
Paseo de Roxas , Makati City
office : +62 2 8481021-27 loc 135

mobile : +62 920 6235702

official : jlmagsino@taocorp.com.ph
google : bheng.magsino@gmail.com

yahoo : bheng_magsino@yahoo.com

skype : john.marvin.magsino

Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 AM
NN_il_Confusionario

> * From: "John Marvin L. Magsino" <jlmagsino@taocorp.com.ph>
> would there be a way for me to serve my debian box application using the 2 public IPs

search the net for lartc

(for example, you could use two different ip on the debian box and use
source routing)

Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Alex Samad

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 08:55:40AM +0200, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> > * From: "John Marvin L. Magsino" <jlmagsino@taocorp.com.ph>
> > would there be a way for me to serve my debian box application using the 2 public IPs
>
> search the net for lartc
>
> (for example, you could use two different ip on the debian box and use
> source routing)

they have a wiki and this has been discussed on the mailing list quite
often. There are 2 thoughts using the julian patches and weight
balanced default routes and the appropriate "ip rule" rules or using
iptables to help make the routing decision

I would also suggest make the adsl modem (routers?) in bridged mode and
firewall up the debian box and do it all there. Similiar to what I have done. The only
difference right now is i use openwrt (linux distro for linksys wrt54gs
routers)

"I want to thank the astronauts who are with us, the courageous spacial entrepreneurs who set such a wonderful example for the young of our country."

- George W. Bush
01/14/2004
Washington, DC

Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Chris Bannister

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:26:22PM +0800, John Marvin L. Magsino wrote:
> i have 2 ISPs ( 2 routers which act as a gateway) and a debian Box running
> Apache + PHP + Mysql. what i wanted to do is to make the debian box port
> forwarded to both the ISPs.

You mean:?

+------------+ /
| | |