Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Alex Samad

Default mutt + mailings list ( + vim)

Hi

2 questions for the list

1) I keep all my mailing lists in different folders, is it possible to
setup mutt to automatically place the list address in the TO field when
I am in that folder and then to go back to normal when I leave that
folder

2) I use vim to edit me emails, how do I write a script such that it
takes the highlighted lines deletes them and then inserts

[snip]

Thanks

Alex

--
"It follows that any commander in chief who undertakes to carry out a plan
which he considers defective is at fault; he must put forth his reasons,

Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 06:42:39AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2 questions for the list
>
> 1) I keep all my mailing lists in different folders, is it possible to
> setup mutt to automatically place the list address in the TO field when
> I am in that folder and then to go back to normal when I leave that
> folder

Yes, it's possible (using folder hooks). But I usually use shift-l for
list-reply when I want to reply to the list.

> 2) I use vim to edit me emails, how do I write a script such that it
> takes the highlighted lines deletes them and then inserts

Hilighted? Where?

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:47:16PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 06:42:39AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > 2 questions for the list
> >
> > 1) I keep all my mailing lists in different folders, is it possible to
> > setup mutt to automatically place the list address in the TO field when
> > I am in that folder and then to go back to normal when I leave that
> > folder
>
> Yes, it's possible (using folder hooks). But I usually use shift-l for
> list-reply when I want to reply to the list.
yep know about shift-l, but I was thinking about new email's, I will
looking folder hooks

> > 2) I use vim to edit me emails, how do I write a script such that it
> > takes the highlighted lines deletes them and then inserts
>
> Hilighted? Where?

so whilst viewing an email, I press shift-l, this starts vim with the
emails, I then use up and down arrows and v to highlight some text, I
would then like to press <some key combo> and have the text replaced by
<cr>[snip]<cr>