Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 PM
"Michael Habashy"

Default is it possible to have clamd go to 90% of cpu ???

I am running clamd for the first time.
I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
Is this normal ?????
thanks
mjh

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Hose

On Apr 21, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Michael Habashy wrote:

I am running clamd for the first time.
I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
Is this normal ?????
thanks
mjh

When it first starts up and loads the virus sigs, I've seen it go over
90% almost the all the time.

hose

Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Gilles Mocellin

Le Monday 21 April 2008 19:54:16 Hose, vous avez écrit*:
> On Apr 21, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Michael Habashy wrote:
> > I am running clamd for the first time.
> > I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
> > Is this normal ?????
> > thanks
> > mjh
>
> When it first starts up and loads the virus sigs, I've seen it go over
> 90% almost the all the time.
>
> hose

I have switched to the volatile version (0.92) to solve that problem.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 PM
"Michael Habashy"

how do you switch to the volatile version ????/
thanks
mjh

Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM
George Borisov

Michael Habashy wrote:

how do you switch to the volatile version ????/

1 - Add to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main
contrib non-free

2 - Import the archive signing key:

http://www.debian.org/volatile/etch-volatile.asc

3 - edit the /etc/apt/preferences file to include:

Package: *
Pin: release a=etch
Pin-Priority: 1001

4 - aptitude update