-   -   is it possible to have clamd go to 90% of cpu ??? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/73715-possible-have-clamd-go-90-cpu.html)

"Michael Habashy" 04-21-2008 05:34 PM

is it possible to have clamd go to 90% of cpu ???

I am running clamd for the first time.
I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
Is this normal ?????
thanks
mjh

Hose 04-21-2008 05:54 PM

is it possible to have clamd go to 90% of cpu ???

I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
Is this normal ?????
thanks
mjh

When it first starts up and loads the virus sigs, I've seen it go over
90% almost the all the time.

hose

Gilles Mocellin 04-21-2008 06:26 PM

Le Monday 21 April 2008 19:54:16 Hose, vous avez écrit*:
> On Apr 21, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Michael Habashy wrote:
> > I am running clamd for the first time.
> > I see that in top the number of cpu % is very high for clamd.
> > Is this normal ?????
> > thanks
> > mjh
>
> When it first starts up and loads the virus sigs, I've seen it go over
> 90% almost the all the time.
>
> hose

I have switched to the volatile version (0.92) to solve that problem.

"Michael Habashy" 04-22-2008 12:19 PM

is it possible to have clamd go to 90% of cpu ???

how do you switch to the volatile version ????/
thanks
mjh

George Borisov 04-22-2008 02:16 PM

Michael Habashy wrote:

how do you switch to the volatile version ????/

1 - Add to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main
contrib non-free

2 - Import the archive signing key:

http://www.debian.org/volatile/etch-volatile.asc

3 - edit the /etc/apt/preferences file to include:

Package: *
Pin: release a=etch
Pin-Priority: 1001

4 - aptitude update