Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

Default I need further understanding of wine or bash

I have a game (only one ) that runs in win. I find I can use thunar
or nautilus to tunnel down to the executable and right click, choose
"open with wine", game runs fine.

This is tedious. So, using my superior knowledge of scripting, I
thought I would just make a quick bash script and execute it:

#bin/bash!
wine /home/damon/C_drive/'Program Files'/'Stardock Games'/'Sins of a
Solar Empire'/'Sins of a Solar Empire.exe'

As you can see, it is simply genius the way I used ALL of my bash
scripting knowledge.

Of course, I chmoded it.

When I execute it I get:

damon@dam-main:~/Desktop$ ./Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire.sh
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:windowssystem32" is not
accessible.
fixme:actctxarse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"

ALSA lib ../../src/conf.c:3949snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib ../../../src/control/control.c:909snd_ctl_open_noupdate)
Invalid CTL default:0
errle:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc}
not registered
errle:CoGetClassObject no class object
{9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:windowssystem32" is not
accessible.

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f944,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_CheckDeviceMultiSampleType Quality levels
unsupported at present
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateAdditionalSwapC hain The app requests
more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please
configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if
possible
errle:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this
apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateQuery (0x1adc78) Unhandled query type 4
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs
wine: Call from 0x7b8440c0 to unimplemented function
faultrep.dll.ReportFault, aborting

fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs

and the program does a dump then exits.

I have tried to do a symlink from the win partition /windows/system32 to
/home/damon/C_drive/windows/system32 but I get the same result.

Again, if I use a GUI file manager and tunnel down (wines working dir is
~/C_drive/Program Files, which is nothing but a symlink to the real
win/Program Files) and select "open with wine" it works, if I use a term
and cd into the games dir and type " wine Sins of a Solar Empire.exe
" it works.

What am I missing to make it work with a simple script to avoid all the
typing or the tunneling via a GUI?

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com

Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Chris Roberts

On Monday 21 Apr 2008, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> #bin/bash!
> wine /home/damon/C_drive/'Program Files'/'Stardock Games'/'Sins of a
> Solar Empire'/'Sins of a Solar Empire.exe'

I must confess I haven't read your email in full, but why not just a desktop
shortcut to:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/damon/.wine" wine "C:Program FilesStardock GamesSins
of a Solar EmpireSins of a Solar Empire.exe"

YMMV.

Good luck!

Chris.