Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Alex Samad

Default pdf plugin

Hi

what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
view pdf inline ?

--
"As you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say."

- George W. Bush
10/28/2003
Washington, DC

Old 04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Steven Jones

Alex Samad wrote:

Hi

what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
view pdf inline ?

adobe plugin

Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
"Joost Witteveen"

On 21/04/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> Hi
>
> what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
> view pdf inline ?

mozplugger, from the main debian archive:

mozplugger allows you to seamlessly integrate external applications
to view files downloaded from the web that Mozilla can not normally
handle. The application is embedded within a Mozilla window as to act
like and feel like a true plugin.
.
This allows to you view PDFs, Postscript files, animations and
movies, amongst other file types all from within Mozilla (with
supporting applications).

I just installed it, and now firefox shows pdf's inline. I'll
uninstallit again, as I don't like that, but it does work.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:15:53PM +1200, Steven Jones wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
>> view pdf inline ?
>>

> adobe plugin
couldn't find it (on amd64 - as a debian package)

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will."

- George W. Bush
10/05/2002
Manchester, NH
speaking about Saddam Hussein

Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:10:37AM +0200, Joost Witteveen wrote:
> On 21/04/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
> > view pdf inline ?
>
> mozplugger, from the main debian archive:

> mozplugger allows you to seamlessly integrate external applications
> to view files downloaded from the web that Mozilla can not normally
> handle. The application is embedded within a Mozilla window as to act
> like and feel like a true plugin.
> .
> This allows to you view PDFs, Postscript files, animations and
> movies, amongst other file types all from within Mozilla (with
> supporting applications).
>

> I just installed it, and now firefox shows pdf's inline. I'll
> uninstallit again, as I don't like that, but it does work.
Interestingly i have this (I had it working before, but now it has
stopped working)

Better hope you get what you want before you stop wanting it.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 03:32:51AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

"We will make sure our troops have all that is necessary to complete their missions. That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental -- supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel."

- George W. Bush
09/04/2004
Erie, PA

Old 04-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 07:18:00PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:10:37AM +0200, Joost Witteveen wrote:
> > On 21/04/2008, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > what package do I need to install to get the firefox pdf plugin so I can
> > > view pdf inline ?
[snip]
> > I just installed it, and now firefox shows pdf's inline. I'll
> > uninstallit again, as I don't like that, but it does work.
> Interestingly i have this (I had it working before, but now it has
> stopped working)

more info, I just tried mozilla-acroread and i had the same affect as
what I have now, when I tell mozilla to load the pdf inline, it opens
another window, I am using the pdf download ff plugin, which used to
work really well, I would click on a link to a pdf and I would be
presented with the option to download, save etc..

when I click download it is meant to open a new tab and display in
there. it opens the new tab but then starts a new window for xpdf

this is the relevant line

repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"

alex

> > --

> Better hope you get what you want before you stop wanting it.

--
"I think it's important to bring somebody from outside the system, the judicial system, somebody that hasn't been on the bench and, therefore, there's not a lot of opinions for people to look at."

- George W. Bush
10/04/2005
Washington, DC
On the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court

Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Alex Samad