Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Jochen Schulz

Default dpkg unable to write to /var/lib/dpkg/status, /var partition full

Kyle Barbour:

> dpkg: failed to write status record about `vlc-nox' to
> `/var/lib/dpkg/status': No space left on device

Run 'apt-get clean' and see how much free space you get. Apt stores
downloaded debs locally and never deletes them until asked to do so.

J.
--
I have been manipulated and permanently distorted.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 04:53:45PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> There's got to be a way to delete old/un-needed .deb files. Using
> apt-get, it's:
> # apt-get clean

'clean' will remove all .deb files. I think it's better to use
autoclean.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)