Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Hendrik Boom

Default website front-end

I thought of writing a really minimal web-site front end, that would only
look at incoming http requests and forward them to other processes,
possibly on other machines, depending on the site name or pther parts of
the URL. But then I thought, surely that must have been done already?
And surely, someone would have made it into a Debian package already?

Any recommendations?

-- hendrik

Old 04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I thought of writing a really minimal web-site front end, that would only
> look at incoming http requests and forward them to other processes,
> possibly on other machines, depending on the site name or pther parts of
> the URL. But then I thought, surely that must have been done already?
> And surely, someone would have made it into a Debian package already?

Yeah, it's called 'apache'.

--
Reserve your abuse for your true friends.
-- Larry Wall in <199712041852.KAA19364@wall.org>

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb

Old 04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Sunday 20 April 2008 21:38:00 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > I thought of writing a really minimal web-site front end, that would only
> > look at incoming http requests and forward them to other processes,
> > possibly on other machines, depending on the site name or pther parts of
> > the URL. But then I thought, surely that must have been done already?
> > And surely, someone would have made it into a Debian package already?
>
> Yeah, it's called 'apache'.

Sure of you: What about apache2 ?
Thierry

Old 04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Hendrik Boom

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:38:00 -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> I thought of writing a really minimal web-site front end, that would
>> only look at incoming http requests and forward them to other
>> processes, possibly on other machines, depending on the site name or
>> pther parts of the URL. But then I thought, surely that must have been
>> done already? And surely, someone would have made it into a Debian
>> package already?
>>
> Yeah, it's called 'apache'.

I was under the impression that apache did a lot more than just relay
http requests; that in fact said relaying is but a small fraction of its
activities. Is there nothing smaller?

-- hendrik

Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 AM
"Owen Townend"