Old 04-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Robin

Default Qt4-config Qt4-designer

On 20/04/2008, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:

**Hello
**I have installed qt4 qat4-config and qt4-designer, I can run them from
command line but they do not show up in any of the menu's anywhere. Is this a
bug or have i missed something somewhere, thanks.

--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Try update-menus as root
--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1

Old 04-20-2008, 02:42 PM
lostson

On Sunday 20 April 2008 09:33, Robin wrote:
> On 20/04/2008, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have installed qt4 qat4-config and qt4-designer, I can run them from
> > command line but they do not show up in any of the menu's anywhere. Is
> > this a
> > bug or have i missed something somewhere, thanks.
> >
> > --
> > LostSon
> >
> > http://lostsonsvault.org
>
> Try update-menus as root

That brought in qt4-designer in the debian menu but nothing anywhere else I
have qt4-config as well but that one is not showing up weird, thanks though
never knew about that before.

--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 PM
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso"

On 20/04/2008, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> That brought in qt4-designer in the debian menu but nothing anywhere else I
> have qt4-config as well but that one is not showing up weird, thanks though
> never knew about that before.

At least under Gnome, the menu item menu for qt4-config is under the
System -> Preferences menu list. In KDE, it's in Kcontrol.

I'm guessing you're using KDE if you care about Qt, so try looking in Kcontrol.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On Monday 21 April 2008 00:54:09 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 20/04/2008, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> > That brought in qt4-designer in the debian menu but nothing anywhere
> > else I have qt4-config as well but that one is not showing up weird,
> > thanks though never knew about that before.
>
> At least under Gnome, the menu item menu for qt4-config is under the
> System -> Preferences menu list. In KDE, it's in Kcontrol.
>
> I'm guessing you're using KDE if you care about Qt, so try looking in
> Kcontrol.
>
> HTH,
> - Jordi G. H.

K -> Settings
Thierry

Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

lostson wrote:
Hello
I have installed qt4 qat4-config and qt4-designer, I can run them from
command line but they do not show up in any of the menu's anywhere. Is this a
bug or have i missed something somewhere, thanks.

If you look into the .deb for each package you see in:
CONTENTS-usr/share/menu-qt4-config + qt4-designer:

respectively:
app-sys-admin-qt4 config.
app-progr-qt designer

So that is the tree in the Debian Menu where those apps are, and they are...

I don't run either gnome or kde (too many notes...) just fvwm.

As was pointed out you may have to run update-menus, but every install
that I know of runs that for you as part of the install.

Hugo

Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
lostson

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 03:09 +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 00:54:09 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> > On 20/04/2008, lostson <lostson@lostsonsvault.org> wrote:
> > > That brought in qt4-designer in the debian menu but nothing anywhere
> > > else I have qt4-config as well but that one is not showing up weird,
> > > thanks though never knew about that before.
> >
> > At least under Gnome, the menu item menu for qt4-config is under the
> > System -> Preferences menu list. In KDE, it's in Kcontrol.
> >
> > I'm guessing you're using KDE if you care about Qt, so try looking in
> > Kcontrol.

Actually I am not using kde but Qt has intrigued me as I can find more
documentation and i have bought a book about qt4. I would much rather
use gtk but find it hard to find good documentation or a good book to
get me started. I want to develop so bad and have been learning C C++
and python and have been having a blast just having a hard time deciding
on what toolkit to use. Most of the tutorials I have found for gtk have
been for developing gnome apps and I would rather make them independent
of a desktop environment so I can run them as my preferred desktop of
choice is usually afterstep, or fluxbox. Have been using gnome alot
though recently as it is so damn easy and convenient to use. Thanks for
all the info.

--
LostSon

http://lostsonsvault.org

Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 09:42:17AM -0500, lostson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 April 2008 09:33, Robin wrote:
> > Try update-menus as root
>
> That brought in qt4-designer in the debian menu but nothing anywhere else I
> have qt4-config as well but that one is not showing up weird, thanks though
> never knew about that before.

It should update the menus when you install it. File a bug.

--
Chris.
======