Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Public Mailing Lists

Default Looking for a decent IMAP server with hierarchical folders

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Jeff

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

I recently installed Dovecot to allow me to use maildir local folders
across mail clients. Very simple to get this running. Hierarchical
folders seem to work fine.

jeff

Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Joe

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

IMAP does this by definition. I'm using Courier. Assuming a default
Debian exim4 installation, you need to switch it to using maildir rather
than mbox format, I believe all IMAP servers require this.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Nate Duehr

Joe wrote:

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I
tried Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to
copy onto it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any
experiences for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

IMAP does this by definition. I'm using Courier. Assuming a default
Debian exim4 installation, you need to switch it to using maildir rather
than mbox format, I believe all IMAP servers require this.

Courier can be set up to support maildir or mbox formats. Of course,
maildir is better.

Nate