-   -   Looking for a decent IMAP server with hierarchical folders (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/72612-looking-decent-imap-server-hierarchical-folders.html)

Public Mailing Lists 04-19-2008 04:10 PM

Looking for a decent IMAP server with hierarchical folders

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

Jeff 04-19-2008 04:18 PM

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

I recently installed Dovecot to allow me to use maildir local folders
across mail clients. Very simple to get this running. Hierarchical
folders seem to work fine.

jeff

Joe 04-19-2008 07:03 PM

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I tried
Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to copy onto
it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any experiences
for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

IMAP does this by definition. I'm using Courier. Assuming a default
Debian exim4 installation, you need to switch it to using maildir rather
than mbox format, I believe all IMAP servers require this.

Nate Duehr 04-28-2008 05:40 PM

Joe wrote:

Public Mailing Lists wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent imap server with hierarchical folders. I
tried Cyrus, but Cyrus does not accept the emails that I'm trying to
copy onto it. Which other imap server has hierarchical folders? Any
experiences for share?

Thanks,
Gordon

IMAP does this by definition. I'm using Courier. Assuming a default
Debian exim4 installation, you need to switch it to using maildir rather
than mbox format, I believe all IMAP servers require this.

Courier can be set up to support maildir or mbox formats. Of course,
maildir is better.

Nate