Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
"Asuka Langley"

Default Mount problem

Hello

I have a big problem.. to be honest this problem belongs to a friend of mine, just he can't speak english, and he is blind, so it's a bit difficult. So..the problem

He have this line in his fstab:

/dev/sdb1 /media/disk2 ext3 auto,users 0 0

This was working for he .. for few weeks. But after that weeks, the directory became empty after a reboot. Then, he tried to remount it, but it says: /dev/sdb

Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 01:39:51PM +0200, Asuka Langley wrote:
> I have a big problem.. to be honest this problem belongs to a friend of
> mine, just he can't speak english, and he is blind, so it's a bit difficult.
> So..the problem
>
> He have this line in his fstab:
> /dev/sdb1 /media/disk2 ext3 auto,users 0 0
>
> This was working for he .. for few weeks. But after that weeks, the
> directory became empty after a reboot. Then, he tried to remount it, but it
> says: /dev/sdb

did the device get renamed? Check /var/log/syslog to see what device
name gets assigned to the device. Consider adding a lable to the
filesystem on the device and mounting with the LABEL option.

Doug.