FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Steven Jones
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

I know this is old hat, but due to a bug in the 2.6 kernel and the
megaraid driver I can boot a 2.6 kernel....2.4 works fine, but I have to
add NIC modules for me Asus board, Realtek 8110 and a Marvel sk98lin.
The std one (sk89lin) in debian 2.4.27-4 does not work and there isnt
one I can find for the 8110.


Anyway, I think I have downloaded all the things I need to compile a
debianised kernel the kernel packager way.


I have applied the modules/patch for the asus motherboard's on-board
NIC, but what I cant find so far is how to get a 2.4.27 kernel source to
2.4.27-4....ie there would seem to be a need to apply some debianised
kernel patches applied to the 2.4 deb source package I downloaded? or is
it already patched?


I am having difficulty finding how to do this...I ran this command,

=============
debian:/usr/src# cd linux
debian:/usr/src/linux# ../kernel-patches/all/2.4.27/apply/debian
Nothing to do, exiting.
=============

and as you can see it seems to say its Ok, so have im missed something?
how to check the 2.4.27 has indeed been upgraded to 2.4.27-4? before I
compile?


The second Q is, anybody got an idea how to remove the std megaraid_mbox
driver from 2.6 and install a 3rd party one (where from?) that works? I
think this raid card is/was a Dell one, but I got it second hand at an
auction, so Im not sure....


regards

Steven


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
"Mumia W.."
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

On 04/19/2008 05:58 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
I know this is old hat, but due to a bug in the 2.6 kernel and the
megaraid driver I can boot a 2.6 kernel....2.4 works fine, but I have to
add NIC modules for me Asus board, Realtek 8110 and a Marvel sk98lin.
The std one (sk89lin) in debian 2.4.27-4 does not work and there isnt
one I can find for the 8110.


Anyway, I think I have downloaded all the things I need to compile a
debianised kernel the kernel packager way.


I have applied the modules/patch for the asus motherboard's on-board
NIC, but what I cant find so far is how to get a 2.4.27 kernel source to
2.4.27-4....ie there would seem to be a need to apply some debianised
kernel patches applied to the 2.4 deb source package I downloaded? or is
it already patched?

[...]


You shouldn't need the Debian patches. A Debian system will run with a
vanilla kernel. However, I think you'll be better off getting an updated
2.4 kernel from http://www.kernel.org/ . As far as the revision number
in 2.4.27-4 is concerned, you will determine what number(s) go after the
dash. Read "man make-kpkg" to find out how to specify the version and
revision numbers.

If you're still attached to the idea of using a Debianized kernel, you
can place a Debian Sarge repository in your sources.list and download
the 2.4 kernel source from Sarge. Note, the binary kernels for Sarge
will probably not work for Etch because the initrd creator has been changed.


I suggest you ignore Sarge and get 2.4.36 from kernel.org. BTW, after
you've applied all these patches, you won't have a "Debianized" kernel.
You'll have a Jonianized kernel ;-)




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Steven Jones
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

Mumia W.. wrote:

On 04/19/2008 05:58 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
I know this is old hat, but due to a bug in the 2.6 kernel and the
megaraid driver I can boot a 2.6 kernel....2.4 works fine, but I have
to add NIC modules for me Asus board, Realtek 8110 and a Marvel
sk98lin. The std one (sk89lin) in debian 2.4.27-4 does not work and
there isnt one I can find for the 8110.


Anyway, I think I have downloaded all the things I need to compile a
debianised kernel the kernel packager way.


I have applied the modules/patch for the asus motherboard's on-board
NIC, but what I cant find so far is how to get a 2.4.27 kernel source
to 2.4.27-4....ie there would seem to be a need to apply some
debianised kernel patches applied to the 2.4 deb source package I
downloaded? or is it already patched?

[...]


You shouldn't need the Debian patches. A Debian system will run with a
vanilla kernel.


I know but I wanted a "patched" kernel, I am assuming any bugs etc will
then have been fixed.


However, I think you'll be better off getting an updated

2.4 kernel from http://www.kernel.org/ . As far as the revision number
in 2.4.27-4 is concerned, you will determine what number(s) go after the
dash. Read "man make-kpkg" to find out how to specify the version and
revision numbers.


Yep, I have read make-kpkg.

If you're still attached to the idea of using a Debianized kernel, you
can place a Debian Sarge repository in your sources.list and download
the 2.4 kernel source from Sarge.


I have done so, still wont work, ie compile the 3rd party sources.

Note, the binary kernels for Sarge
will probably not work for Etch because the initrd creator has been
changed.


I boot off a 2.4 kernel now...seems fine, I even went from 2.4.27-3 to
-4 and it still boots OK. Except all the NICs dont work....I just
installed an Intel PT1000 pci-e and the stock e1000 module wont detect
it...the stock sk98lin wont work either....so Im pretty buggered for
networking...


I suggest you ignore Sarge and get 2.4.36 from kernel.org. BTW, after
you've applied all these patches, you won't have a "Debianized" kernel.
You'll have a Jonianized kernel ;-)


I might have to as I cant compile either of the supplied sources for the
NICs to the 2.4.27 I have.


One r1000 is a seperate module but it fails, the other sk98lin is a
patch to the kernel but menuconfig drops out when I try and go into the
1000 sub-category and

(M) it.

regards

Steven









--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-20-2008, 01:49 AM
"Mumia W.."
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

On 04/19/2008 05:17 PM, Steven Jones wrote:

Mumia W.. wrote:

On 04/19/2008 05:58 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
I know this is old hat, but due to a bug in the 2.6 kernel and the
megaraid driver I can boot a 2.6 kernel....2.4 works fine, but I have
to add NIC modules for me Asus board, Realtek 8110 and a Marvel
sk98lin. The std one (sk89lin) in debian 2.4.27-4 does not work and
there isnt one I can find for the 8110.


Anyway, I think I have downloaded all the things I need to compile a
debianised kernel the kernel packager way.


I have applied the modules/patch for the asus motherboard's on-board
NIC, but what I cant find so far is how to get a 2.4.27 kernel source
to 2.4.27-4....ie there would seem to be a need to apply some
debianised kernel patches applied to the 2.4 deb source package I
downloaded? or is it already patched?

[...]


You shouldn't need the Debian patches. A Debian system will run with a
vanilla kernel.


I know but I wanted a "patched" kernel, I am assuming any bugs etc will
then have been fixed.




But the kernel developers are fixing bugs too. As they add features and
fix bugs, they increment the kernel version numbers, e.g. 2.4.28,
2.4.29, ... 2.4.36.



However, I think you'll be better off getting an updated
2.4 kernel from http://www.kernel.org/ . As far as the revision number
in 2.4.27-4 is concerned, you will determine what number(s) go after the
dash. Read "man make-kpkg" to find out how to specify the version and
revision numbers.


Yep, I have read make-kpkg.

If you're still attached to the idea of using a Debianized kernel, you
can place a Debian Sarge repository in your sources.list and download
the 2.4 kernel source from Sarge.


I have done so, still wont work, ie compile the 3rd party sources.



Each patch is designed to be used against a particular version of the
Linux kernel. You might have an incompatible group of patches. For
example, if Asus board patch is for 2.4.27, but the sk98lin patch is for
2.4.32, you have a problem because you won't be able to get both patches
into a single kernel.


Another possible problem is that the patches are designed for patching
vanilla kernels, but you're trying to patch a Debian kernel. Even slight
changes can throw a patch off, so try to be sure that your patches are
designed for Debian's 2.4.27 kernel.



Note, the binary kernels for Sarge
will probably not work for Etch because the initrd creator has been
changed.


I boot off a 2.4 kernel now...seems fine, I even went from 2.4.27-3 to
-4 and it still boots OK. Except all the NICs dont work....I just
installed an Intel PT1000 pci-e and the stock e1000 module wont detect
it...the stock sk98lin wont work either....so Im pretty buggered for
networking...




Is another module grabbing control of the network interfaces?

I suggest you ignore Sarge and get 2.4.36 from kernel.org. BTW, after
you've applied all these patches, you won't have a "Debianized"
kernel. You'll have a Jonianized kernel ;-)


I might have to as I cant compile either of the supplied sources for the
NICs to the 2.4.27 I have.


One r1000 is a seperate module but it fails, the other sk98lin is a
patch to the kernel but menuconfig drops out when I try and go into the
1000 sub-category and

(M) it.

regards

Steven



It looks like fixing these problems will be more difficult that just
getting megaraid_mbox to work properly. What bug in megaraid_mbox are
you referring to above?


Anyway, now I suggest you check out the 2.6.24.5 kernel from kernel.org
and see if the bug has been fixed. First look at the ChangeLogs. If a
later kernel is available, get that one instead.




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Steven Jones
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

Mumia W.. wrote:

On 04/19/2008 05:17 PM, Steven Jones wrote:

Mumia W.. wrote:

On 04/19/2008 05:58 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
I know this is old hat, but due to a bug in the 2.6 kernel and the
megaraid driver I can boot a 2.6 kernel....2.4 works fine, but I
have to add NIC modules for me Asus board, Realtek 8110 and a Marvel
sk98lin. The std one (sk89lin) in debian 2.4.27-4 does not work and
there isnt one I can find for the 8110.


Anyway, I think I have downloaded all the things I need to compile a
debianised kernel the kernel packager way.


I have applied the modules/patch for the asus motherboard's on-board
NIC, but what I cant find so far is how to get a 2.4.27 kernel
source to 2.4.27-4....ie there would seem to be a need to apply some
debianised kernel patches applied to the 2.4 deb source package I
downloaded? or is it already patched?

[...]


You shouldn't need the Debian patches. A Debian system will run with a
vanilla kernel.


I know but I wanted a "patched" kernel, I am assuming any bugs etc
will then have been fixed.




But the kernel developers are fixing bugs too. As they add features and
fix bugs, they increment the kernel version numbers, e.g. 2.4.28,
2.4.29, ... 2.4.36.



However, I think you'll be better off getting an updated
2.4 kernel from http://www.kernel.org/ . As far as the revision number
in 2.4.27-4 is concerned, you will determine what number(s) go after the
dash. Read "man make-kpkg" to find out how to specify the version and
revision numbers.


Yep, I have read make-kpkg.

If you're still attached to the idea of using a Debianized kernel,
you can place a Debian Sarge repository in your sources.list and
download the 2.4 kernel source from Sarge.


I have done so, still wont work, ie compile the 3rd party sources.



Each patch is designed to be used against a particular version of the
Linux kernel. You might have an incompatible group of patches. For
example, if Asus board patch is for 2.4.27, but the sk98lin patch is for
2.4.32, you have a problem because you won't be able to get both patches
into a single kernel.


yes...I have found I can compile 2.4.36 but not .27 or .30....I seem to
be in a mess....or 2.6.8, anything new like 36 has the buggy megaraid
driver so I can boot...




The patches say 2.4.20+

Another possible problem is that the patches are designed for patching
vanilla kernels, but you're trying to patch a Debian kernel. Even slight
changes can throw a patch off, so try to be sure that your patches are
designed for Debian's 2.4.27 kernel.


Ive gone to kernel org for kernels, once I get a patched and working
kernel I will try patching these....however something called main.o
fails when ever I try and compile.



Note, the binary kernels for Sarge
will probably not work for Etch because the initrd creator has been
changed.


I boot off a 2.4 kernel now...seems fine, I even went from 2.4.27-3 to
-4 and it still boots OK. Except all the NICs dont work....I just
installed an Intel PT1000 pci-e and the stock e1000 module wont detect
it...the stock sk98lin wont work either....so Im pretty buggered for
networking...




Is another module grabbing control of the network interfaces?

I suggest you ignore Sarge and get 2.4.36 from kernel.org. BTW, after
you've applied all these patches, you won't have a "Debianized"
kernel. You'll have a Jonianized kernel ;-)


didnt work as the megraid driver is fsked...

I might have to as I cant compile either of the supplied sources for
the NICs to the 2.4.27 I have.


One r1000 is a seperate module but it fails, the other sk98lin is a
patch to the kernel but menuconfig drops out when I try and go into
the 1000 sub-category and

(M) it.

regards

Steven



It looks like fixing these problems will be more difficult that just
getting megaraid_mbox to work properly. What bug in megaraid_mbox are
you referring to above?


dunno, lack of booting...

"This email has been sent to you as someone requested for this address
to be subscribed to Bug#438337. This bug is currently filed against
linux-2.6." ie me....

Anyway, now I suggest you check out the 2.6.24.5 kernel from kernel.org
and see if the bug has been fixed. First look at the ChangeLogs. If a
later kernel is available, get that one instead.


Might get there yet....so far Ive not been able to build a bootable
kernel...locks up at the megaraid load, or fails to compile....


regards

Thing








--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-20-2008, 07:18 AM
"Mumia W.."
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

On 04/20/2008 01:16 AM, Steven Jones wrote:

Mumia W.. wrote:

[...]
Each patch is designed to be used against a particular version of the
Linux kernel. You might have an incompatible group of patches. For
example, if [the] Asus board patch is for 2.4.27, but the sk98lin patch is
for 2.4.32, you have a problem because you won't be able to get both
patches into a single kernel.


yes...I have found I can compile 2.4.36 but not .27 or .30....I seem to
be in a mess....or 2.6.8, anything new like 36 has the buggy megaraid
driver so I can boot...




The patches say 2.4.20+
[...]


The patches /should/ apply then. Exactly what are the patches that you
are trying to apply?


How do you know that megaraid_mbox is failing? How does it fail (lockup,
reboot, panic)?


Perhaps a single kernel command line parameter is all you need to boot.
The megaraid driver might be using the wrong I/O ports or IRQ's or
memory ranges.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 AM
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

> On 04/20/2008 01:16 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
(>> Mumia W.. wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Each patch is designed to be used against a particular version of the
>>> Linux kernel. You might have an incompatible group of patches. For
>>> example, if [the] Asus board patch is for 2.4.27, but the sk98lin patch
>>> is
>>> for 2.4.32, you have a problem because you won't be able to get both
>>> patches into a single kernel.
>>
>> yes...I have found I can compile 2.4.36 but not .27 or .30....I seem to
>> be in a mess....or 2.6.8, anything new like 36 has the buggy megaraid
>> driver so I can boot...
>>
>>
>>
>> The patches say 2.4.20+
>> [...]
>
> The patches /should/ apply then. Exactly what are the patches that you
> are trying to apply?

I will be applying lots!

My motherboard is an Asus P5K premium Wi-fi....with two on-board NICS, one
is on the pci-e bus (yukon) the other the pci bus (realtek). The chipset
for the sata is the ICH9-R and I have a wi-fi NIC. The raid card is an old
Perc 3CDL.

Other misc notes (if this helps anyone), the cd boot device is a LG DVD
SATA unit, I initially installed it on SATA channel 4 and the debian
netinst cd would boot but at the cd detection stage it locked up (went to
8% and nothing happened). Moving it to the first sata channel and it
booted, detected and installed fine. I also tried an Asus IDE DVD unit on
the ide channel and that also failed at the cd detection stage (also 8%).

Networking.

Marvel Yukon patch sk98lin, the one in 2.4.27.deb didnt work (using
modconf, failed to detect) but this one as a separate module now compiles,
and works...next job is to patch a kernel with it and build it in one go
(and not as a (M) but a (*). The realtek inbuilt 8110SC / 8169 didnt work
either, the r1000 v1.05 module from asus didnt compile, it now compiles
but does not work.

(NB. I think you? mentioned a GCC mis-match? I think you were right, I
rebuilt as a sarge box and it now compiles, before I had a sarge upgraded
to etch and found it couldn't compile any kernel).

I went to Realtek's website and found that Asus appear to be supplying the
wrong patch for the chipset. It needs a different one at least for my
version of the board. So I downloaded and compiled, it now works as a
separate build, but it is not in a format that can be used to patch a
kernel like the Yukon one can be....at least not for a simpleton like me!
In that respect I recommend the Yukon one, it allows you to do an install
(compiles stand alone and patches your ready running kernel) or generates
a patch for you to apply to a kernel source and then compile all of it,
very good instructions making it easy.

WI-fi
Ive yet to look at this patch, I will be though.

ICH9R
Ive yet to look at this patch, I will be though.

Audio
I wont be bothering as its a server...

> How do you know that megaraid_mbox is failing? How does it fail (lockup,
> reboot, panic)?

lockup...for rhas5.1 it got to loading the megraid_mbox module and no
further, if I set the raid controller to I2O and not mass storage it goes
until the install, but cant see any disk to partition, if it was a
conflict I'd expect either way to lock up, but I could be wrong.

Ditto debian 4.0r3 netinst cd....it gets to detecting hardware and no
longer responds. No issue with a netinst or 3.1r3.

For a 2.6 kernel off a running install it boots to the raid controller and
either no longer responds, or goes into a loop saying its resetting and
waiting 300secs....just does this over and over....yet images 2.4.27-3 and
-4 boot fine...

>
> Perhaps a single kernel command line parameter is all you need to boot.
> The megaraid driver might be using the wrong I/O ports or IRQ's or
> memory ranges.

It is possible...however I have no idea how to address this....since 2.4
kernels work the iomem/interrupts would seem to be Ok...I'd suspect it is
a bug.

If I can/could I'd like to search against the changelogs? of 2.4 and 2.6
sources looking for a change in the megaraid module. Then compile a kernel
before and after that change(s). If the one before works but the later
does not it would strongly suggest an introduced bug.

There maybe a better way? but my skills around compiling kernels are very
limited....

regards

Steven





regards

Steven







--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Steven Jones
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

thing@thing.dyndns.org wrote:
8><------

I just compiled a 2.4.36-3 kernel using the 2.4.27's config file, locks
up at the megaraid module, so somewhere between .27 and .36 there was a
change that broke the megaraid module.


I am compiling a 2.4.30 but I think that's broken as well as it didnt
work last time. So I will then try a .28 and a .29.


Hopefully then I will know which kernel and be able to spot it in the
changlog?


regards

Steven




How do you know that megaraid_mbox is failing? How does it fail (lockup,
reboot, panic)?


lockup...for rhas5.1 it got to loading the megraid_mbox module and no
further, if I set the raid controller to I2O and not mass storage it goes
until the install, but cant see any disk to partition, if it was a
conflict I'd expect either way to lock up, but I could be wrong.

Ditto debian 4.0r3 netinst cd....it gets to detecting hardware and no
longer responds. No issue with a netinst or 3.1r3.

For a 2.6 kernel off a running install it boots to the raid controller and
either no longer responds, or goes into a loop saying its resetting and
waiting 300secs....just does this over and over....yet images 2.4.27-3 and
-4 boot fine...


Perhaps a single kernel command line parameter is all you need to boot.
The megaraid driver might be using the wrong I/O ports or IRQ's or
memory ranges.


It is possible...however I have no idea how to address this....since 2.4
kernels work the iomem/interrupts would seem to be Ok...I'd suspect it is
a bug.

If I can/could I'd like to search against the changelogs? of 2.4 and 2.6
sources looking for a change in the megaraid module. Then compile a kernel
before and after that change(s). If the one before works but the later
does not it would strongly suggest an introduced bug.

There maybe a better way? but my skills around compiling kernels are very
limited....

regards

Steven





regards

Steven










--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
David Baron
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

One word of severe warning: Current libc packages are incompatable with 2.4
and any hint of a 2.4 kernel (such as an env variable ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 or
such) will render the system mostly unusable. I had just this problem and
bash would not run. I was able to play with other shells a bit but it was a
real mess until I realized that the env variable was at fault!


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Steven Jones
 
Default compiling a 2.4 kernel

Steven Jones wrote:

thing@thing.dyndns.org wrote:
8><------

I just compiled a 2.4.36-3 kernel using the 2.4.27's config file, locks
up at the megaraid module, so somewhere between .27 and .36 there was a
change that broke the megaraid module.


I am compiling a 2.4.30 but I think that's broken as well as it didnt
work last time. So I will then try a .28 and a .29.


Hopefully then I will know which kernel and be able to spot it in the
changlog?


2.4.30 died at the megaraid module, found this in the chnagelog,

Summary of changes from v2.4.30-pre1 to v2.4.30-pre2
============================================

<krzysztof.h1:wp.pl>:
o [SPARC32]: Need to clear PSR_EF in psr of childregs on fork() on SMP

<marcelo:dmt.cnet>:
o Changed VERSION to v2.4.30-pre2

<temnota+kernel:kmv.ru>:
o megaraid2 reorder inline functions

<vvs:sw.ru>:
o megaraid2 update 2.10.8.2

nothing in 2.4.29 so that's next.


regards

Steven




How do you know that megaraid_mbox is failing? How does it fail (lockup,
reboot, panic)?


lockup...for rhas5.1 it got to loading the megraid_mbox module and no
further, if I set the raid controller to I2O and not mass storage it goes
until the install, but cant see any disk to partition, if it was a
conflict I'd expect either way to lock up, but I could be wrong.

Ditto debian 4.0r3 netinst cd....it gets to detecting hardware and no
longer responds. No issue with a netinst or 3.1r3.

For a 2.6 kernel off a running install it boots to the raid controller
and

either no longer responds, or goes into a loop saying its resetting and
waiting 300secs....just does this over and over....yet images 2.4.27-3
and

-4 boot fine...


Perhaps a single kernel command line parameter is all you need to boot.
The megaraid driver might be using the wrong I/O ports or IRQ's or
memory ranges.


It is possible...however I have no idea how to address this....since 2.4
kernels work the iomem/interrupts would seem to be Ok...I'd suspect it is
a bug.

If I can/could I'd like to search against the changelogs? of 2.4 and 2.6
sources looking for a change in the megaraid module. Then compile a
kernel

before and after that change(s). If the one before works but the later
does not it would strongly suggest an introduced bug.

There maybe a better way? but my skills around compiling kernels are very
limited....

regards

Steven





regards

Steven













--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org