Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Richard Lyons

Default iceweasel and libflashplayer

On an etch box, I recently hit a website that insisted I should upgrade
to flashplayer 9. No sweat, I did. Now I notice BBC and other sites
keep telling me I need to upgrade flashplayer. aboutlugins says I
have flashplayer 7 and flashplayer 9. In that order. I suppose this to
be the problem, though I know no way to remove flashplayer 7 from
firefox, sorry, iceweasel. locate shows only one libflashplayer.so on
my system, that in /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/ (I am ignoring the copy
in my download directory, which must be irrelevant). I have grepped
around in iceweasel trying to find a config file with the defunct
pointer to no avail.

Any ideas?

TIA

richard