Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
"Pete Kay"

Default having problem with install unixodbc on debian

Dear all,

I am trying to get unixodbc installed on debian without success.*

I followed the instruction exactly from http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/496

When I try to connect, it keeps giving me error:
ser:/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts# isql -v fsdb
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

It says the driver is missing even after I do "apt-get install libmyodbc".* I tried apt-get remove and apt-get install a few times, no luck as well.*

when I do "locate libmyodbc", no result returns.* So, I think the driver is not there, but I don't know how to install the driver.*

Please kindly give me some ideas as to what I did wrong?

Thanks alot in advance for your inputs.

Regards,
Pete

Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 04:49:58PM +0800, Pete Kay wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to get unixodbc installed on debian without success.
>
> I followed the instruction exactly from
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/496

Did you also read the comments? There is a mention of a similar error.

> When I try to connect, it keeps giving me error:
> ser:/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts# isql -v fsdb
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/
> libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so: cannot
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> It says the driver is missing even after I do "apt-get install libmyodbc".
> I tried apt-get remove and apt-get install a few times, no luck as well.
>
> when I do "locate libmyodbc", no result returns. So, I think the driver is
> not there, but I don't know how to install the driver.

locate uses a database which is recreated usually once per night. Either
you run 'updatedb' as root or use 'find' for new stuff. If you know the
exact location 'ls' is much easier. Try this:

ls /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc*

'dpkg -l libmyodbc' will also show you if dpkg *thinks* the package is
installed correctly (dpkg should also be correct about it unless you
messed with the package behind its back).

HTH,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 AM
"Pete Kay"

Hi Andrei,

Thanks alot.* I apt-get purge the libmyodbc and then install it again and it is working now.

Thanks alot for your help.

Regards,
Pete