Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Rogelio

Default hack tool for finding IP assigned to MAC address?

Assuming I have only my laptop (Linux, OS X, Windows, etc), how can I find the IP address of a MAC address, particularly if I only know the vendor numbers of that MAC address?

e.g.aa-bb-cc-11-22-33

Say I desperately need to find the IP of the device with aa-bb-cc as the MAC, how can I find it's IP address?* Is there a little hack tool that I can load on my laptop and blast out some sort of multicast traffic or something and see what IP the device sends back?

Had I at one point known the IP address, then I could of course just do an "arp -a" to find it.* But we're assuming that we do NOT have an IP address...