Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
"Patrick Wiseman"

Default Sox, compiled to encode mp3, still won't

Hello:

I have repackaged sox to encode mp3, and, as it's building it reports
that I did that properly:

MAD MP3 reader.................... yes
id3tag library.................... yes
LAME MP3 writer................... yes

But when I try to encode to mp3, I still get:

Can't open output file `test.mp3': SoX was compiled without MP3
encoding support

Any thoughts about what I've missed? And, yes, I have installed it!

Patrick

Old 04-18-2008, 04:29 PM
"Patrick Wiseman"

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have repackaged sox to encode mp3, and, as it's building it reports
> that I did that properly:
>
> MAD MP3 reader.................... yes
> id3tag library.................... yes
> LAME MP3 writer................... yes
>
> But when I try to encode to mp3, I still get:
>
> Can't open output file `test.mp3': SoX was compiled without MP3
> encoding support
>
> Any thoughts about what I've missed? And, yes, I have installed it!

It turns out that when I built the sox package, I also built a bunch
of libsox packages which were not installed when I installed sox;
installing them has fixed the problem and I can now encode to mp3.

Patrick