Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Thierry Chatelet

Default hplip 2.8.2 or 2.8.4 on sid

Is it possible to install the above, eitherone, on a sid machine. I need it
fot my HP H470 printer.
Thank you
Thierry

Old 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:24:17PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> Is it possible to install the above, eitherone, on a sid machine. I need it
> fot my HP H470 printer.

umm... google?

according to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

the automatic installer is known to work for all debian since 2.2...

looks like the 2.8 series has been out for a bit, might be worthwhile
to ping the devs and see what's up.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On Friday 18 April 2008 17:58:37 Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:24:17PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > Is it possible to install the above, eitherone, on a sid machine. I need
> > it fot my HP H470 printer.
>
> umm... google?

A lot!!!

> according to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
>
> the automatic installer is known to work for all debian since 2.2...
>

> looks like the 2.8 series has been out for a bit, might be worthwhile
> to ping the devs and see what's up.

Yap, but it is not: it requires cups-dev which is not in debian.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Robin

On 18/04/2008, Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:
On Friday 18 April 2008 17:58:37 Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:24:17PM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > Is it possible to install the above, eitherone, on a sid machine. I need

> > it fot my HP H470 printer.
>
> umm... google?

A lot!!!

> according to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

> the automatic installer is known to work for all debian since 2.2...
>

> looks like the 2.8 series has been out for a bit, might be worthwhile
> to ping the devs and see what's up.

Yap, but it is not: it requires cups-dev which is not in debian.

Maybe libcupsys2-dev and libcupsimage2-dev are Debian equivalents?
--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1