Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
"Larry Irwin"

Default ide-scsi no longer in modules

Hi All,
I built a workstation and was trying to get a Travan 10/20 GB tape drive
working on it...
I built the workstation using Etch, currently with the stock 2.6.18-6-686
kernel.
I had more luck (in previous distro's) when I set the tape drive up using
the ide-scsi module and st0 than I had using hd[x] and ht0...

(I'm having issues with the tape i/o just locking up using ht0...)
What is the most reliable way to set it up?
Larry Irwin