-   -   Number of Debian packages available. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/712668-number-debian-packages-available.html)

Lisi 10-16-2012 10:30 AM

Number of Debian packages available.

Hello, all!
I have searched Wikipedia and the Debian wiki. I have Googled. I am clearly
using the wrong search terms, although I tried rewording in sundry different
ways.

Approximately, in round terms, how may packages are available in Debian
(Squeeze?)
1. in main
2. in main, contrib and non-free

I have an idea of roughly 20,000 in my head, but cannot remember why I think
it and it may be vastly out. Nor into which of my two categories the figure
falls, if by any miracle it is correct.

Thanks,
Lisi