-   -   checkinstall: error creating directory (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/712125-checkinstall-error-creating-directory.html)

ML mail 10-13-2012 07:57 PM

checkinstall: error creating directory

Hello,
I created a package for some software using the checkinstall command. When I try to install that package using "dpkg -i packagename.deb" it fails due to some missing directories in /etc. The exact output is the following:
(Reading database ... 53664 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ganeti-instance-debootstrap (from ganeti-instance-debootstrap_0.11-2_amd64.deb) ...dpkg: error processing ganeti-instance-debootstrap_0.11-2_amd64.deb (--install):*error creating directory `./etc/ganeti/instance-debootstrap': No such file or directoryErrors were encountered while processing:*ganeti-instance-debootstrap_0.11-2_amd64.deb
Indeed, the /etc/ganeti/instance-debootstrap directory does not exist. But isn't the checkinstall or dpkg software supposed to create it for me somehow?
Cheers,ML