Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Lisi

Default Debian 6.0.0 squeeze unable to detect RAID Controller and NIC Card on Dell R720 2U Rack Server

On Saturday 13 October 2012 11:06:45 Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> the installer is unable to detect the RAID Controller and NIC Card.
> Details of lspci -> http://paste.debian.net/199820/ Any clue to this
> issue?

They need binary blobs? You can choose to install them via a USB key during
the installation. Are you installing from a CD/DVD or using a CD to install
from the net?

If the former, just install a basic installation and install the kernel
modules when you have a functional system. If the latter, you need to use a
USb key to complete the installation, although I believe taht if you have no
internet connection, the netinstall CD will still give you a basic system as
a base from which to install the modules.

You can then run tasksel and install from there
(http://wiki.debian.org/tasksel), or you can install each package separately
via apt.

I have never personally used a USB key during an installation, so I leave
others to tell you how.

HTH
Lisi

Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 October 2012 11:06:45 Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> the installer is unable to detect the RAID Controller and NIC Card.
>> Details of lspci -> http://paste.debian.net/199820/ Any clue to this
>> issue?

Hi Lisi,

> They need binary blobs?

Not sure i understand about binary blobs.

You can choose to install them via a USB key during
> the installation. Are you installing from a CD/DVD or using a CD to install
> from the net?

I have downloaded the ISO and burned into CD and installing the OS.

> If the former, just install a basic installation and install the kernel
> modules when you have a functional system. If the latter, you need to use a
> USb key to complete the installation,

USB Key?

Please suggest further.

Regards