-   -   Debian 6.0.0 squeeze unable to detect RAID Controller and NIC Card on Dell R720 2U Rack Server (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/712008-debian-6-0-0-squeeze-unable-detect-raid-controller-nic-card-dell-r720-2u-rack-server.html)

Lisi 10-13-2012 10:22 AM

On Saturday 13 October 2012 11:06:45 Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> the installer is unable to detect the RAID Controller and NIC Card.
> Details of lspci -> http://paste.debian.net/199820/ Any clue to this
> issue?

They need binary blobs? You can choose to install them via a USB key during
the installation. Are you installing from a CD/DVD or using a CD to install
from the net?

If the former, just install a basic installation and install the kernel
modules when you have a functional system. If the latter, you need to use a
USb key to complete the installation, although I believe taht if you have no
internet connection, the netinstall CD will still give you a basic system as
a base from which to install the modules.

You can then run tasksel and install from there
(http://wiki.debian.org/tasksel), or you can install each package separately
via apt.

I have never personally used a USB key during an installation, so I leave
others to tell you how.

HTH
Lisi

Kaushal Shriyan 10-13-2012 10:27 AM

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 October 2012 11:06:45 Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> the installer is unable to detect the RAID Controller and NIC Card.
>> Details of lspci -> http://paste.debian.net/199820/ Any clue to this
>> issue?

Hi Lisi,

> They need binary blobs?

Not sure i understand about binary blobs.

You can choose to install them via a USB key during
> the installation. Are you installing from a CD/DVD or using a CD to install
> from the net?

I have downloaded the ISO and burned into CD and installing the OS.

> If the former, just install a basic installation and install the kernel
> modules when you have a functional system. If the latter, you need to use a
> USb key to complete the installation,

USB Key?

Please suggest further.

Regards