Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default mount cdrom?

On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 10:43 +0000, Hadi Motamedi wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. But I have downloaded the other two iso
> images named "debian-6.0.6-kfreebsd-i386 -CD-2.iso" &
> "debian-6.0.6-kfreebsd-i386-CD-3.iso" so I wanted to make use of them
> to install other packages from .

Packages from the repositories are up to date, the packages on the CDs
might cause security risks.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Hadi Motamedi

> Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> From: ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:55:17 +0200
>
> On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 10:27 +0000, Hadi Motamedi wrote:
>
> > Further to say that I have installed it from
> > "debian-6.0.6-kfreebsd-i386-CD-1.iso" on my VBox but it didn't ask for
> > putting the other two extra CDs.
>
> USB and CD/DVD used with VBox can be done by taking care about the menu
> entries in "Devices". If you install software or sync to tablet PCs
> etc., you sometimes need to check the boxes again and again.
>
> So in your case
> Devices > CD/DVD devices > [x] Hostdrive FOO (sr0)
> has to be checked.
>
> Hth,
> Ralf

Under VBox -> Settings , I have checked the box for cdrom drive.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Hadi Motamedi

From: motamedi24@hotmail.com
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: FW: mount cdrom?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:58:38 +0000

From: motamedi24@hotmail.com
To: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
Subject: RE: mount cdrom?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:08:36 +0000

> From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> To: motamedi24@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:04:52 +0100
>

> On Saturday 13 October 2012 12:41:30 you wrote:
> > > From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> > > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > > Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> > > Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:37:08 +0100

bvious is

> > > Yes, but that doesn't answer Brad's question. Why?
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Actually, for downloading iso images I had high speed download link. But at
> > now, my server does not have high speed internet connection at the moment
> > so I thought that if I can make use of the other iso image CDs to install
> > packages.
>
> I assu
me that you have actually tried just offering them to the installer?

> Go to your sources.list, as root, look at the entry for CD1, and copy to
> create entries for the other CDs. (Mutatis mutandis, of couirse.) I can't,
> I'm afraid, tell you where kfreebsd keeps it's files.
>
> Lisi
Under /etc/apt/sources.list , the entry comes as :
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/kFreeBSD 6.0.6_Squeeze_-Official kfreebsd -i386 CD Binary -l 20120929:58]/Squeeze main
Can you please let me know how do I need to modify it to be able to read from the cdrom drive ?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Hadi Motamedi

From: motamedi24@hotmail.com
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:58:59 +0000

From: motamedi24@hotmail.com
To: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 06:15:27 +0000

> From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> To: motamedi24@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:04:52 +0100
>

> On Saturday 13 October 2012 12:41:30 you wrote:
> > > From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> > > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > > Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> > > Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:37:08 +0100

bvious is

> > > Yes, but that doesn't answer Brad's question. Why?
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Actually, for downloading iso images I had high speed download link. But at
> > now, my server does not have high speed internet connection at the moment
> > so I thought that if I can make use of the other iso image CDs to install
> > packages.
>
> I assu
me that you have actually tried just offering them to the installer?

> Go to your sources.list, as root, look at the entry for CD1, and copy to
> create entries for the other CDs. (Mutatis mutandis, of couirse.) I can't,
> I'm afraid, tell you where kfreebsd keeps it's files.
>
> Lisi
Sorry to forget to mention that my /etc/fstab reads as :
/dev/cd0 /media/cdrom cd9660 ro,noauto 0 0
Then I issued :
#mount /dev/cd0 /media/cdom
But I cannot read the CD .

Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Hadi Motamedi

> From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> To: motamedi24@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:04:52 +0100
>

> On Saturday 13 October 2012 12:41:30 you wrote:
> > > From: lisi.reisz@gmail.com
> > > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > > Subject: Re: mount cdrom?
> > > Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 12:37:08 +0100

ous is

> > > Yes, but that doesn't answer Brad's question. Why?
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Actually, for downloading iso images I had high speed download link. But at
> > now, my server does not have high speed internet connection at the moment
> > so I thought that if I can make use of the other iso image CDs to install
> > packages.
>
> I assume
that you have actually tried just offering them to the installer?

> Go to your sources.list, as root, look at the entry for CD1, and copy to
> create entries for the other CDs. (Mutatis mutandis, of couirse.) I can't,
> I'm afraid, tell you where kfreebsd keeps it's files.
>
> Lisi
Is it wise to try to install older versions of Debian as I have various versions of centos , say centos 5.2 , 5.6 , 6.0 , and 6.2 without similar problem on my VBox ?