Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Tim D

Default Debian Wheezy Hangs

Hi list,

I just installed Debian Wheezy on my ThinkPad T430s (SSD, encrypted LVM).

The problem is that the system freezes randomly, so much so that I
cannot use it for more than twenty minutes without it freezing.
Nothing seems to work and the only way I can recover it is to restart
it. I tried the MagicSysReq combination keys, they don't work either.

This is really annoying and I don't know what to do. I think I am
slowly killing my SSD with all these improper restarts.

How do I diagnose what is wrong? I checked the dmesg output and they
also don't show anything - I don't think they are not being logged,
given how the system freezes.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am willing to provide
whatever data is required.

--
timd

Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 AM