Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
lee

Default Evdev Wheel Emulation Button Toggle

Hi,

I'm using a Logitech Trackman Marble FX which I have configured to
emulate a scroll wheel as shown below[2]. Now I would like to be able to
toggle the scrolling function like described on [1]. I have tried this
with

xinput -set-prop "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" "Evdev Wheel Emulation Button
Toggle" 3

to no avail. Would I need to apply the patch that is mentioned on [1]
for the toggle feature to work? Or am I missing something?

[1]: http://yjpark.blogspot.de/2010/04/using-trackball-on-linux.html
[2]:
# swap buttons 8 and 3
xinput set-button-map "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" 1 2 8 4 5 6 7 3 9 10 1 2 8 4 5 6 7 3 9 10 &
# use button 3 for scrolling
xinput -set-prop "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" "Evdev Wheel Emulation Button" 3 &
# enable scroll wheel emulation
xinput -set-prop "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" "Evdev Wheel Emulation" 1 &

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch