Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 AM
"s. keeling"

Default Backports packages in red letters.

Luca Renaud <renaud.luca@gmail.com>:

> Several packages (if not all) in backports.org when we search them in
> http://packages.debian.org/ appear with
> the letters in red: backports(in red),is this a specific warning sign? Or
> just to remember that these packages
> do not have security updates treated as the packages in
> stable?Examples:gnash,gnu-fdisk etc.

I can't find either of those packages in etch with aptitude search, so
I can't find this red lettering you speak of. What have I missed?

(1) phreaque /home/keeling_ egrep -v '^#|^$' /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

[rafal is kickass quick, thanks rafal!]

Old 04-17-2008, 04:56 AM
David

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:40 AM, s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> Luca Renaud <renaud.luca@gmail.com>:
>

> > Several packages (if not all) in backports.org when we search them in
> > http://packages.debian.org/ appear with
> > the letters in red: backports(in red),is this a specific warning sign? Or
> > just to remember that these packages
> > do not have security updates treated as the packages in
> > stable?Examples:gnash,gnu-fdisk etc.
>
> I can't find either of those packages in etch with aptitude search, so
> I can't find this red lettering you speak of. What have I missed?

I think he's talking about the website. eg, the red "backport" words
on this page:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gnash&searchon=names&suite=all&sec tion=all

David