Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Gary Roach

Default Adding user to dual boot laptop

I have a Toshiba Qosmio with 2 60 GB hard drives, one with Windows XP
and the other with Debian Squeeze. I just decided to add my wife as a
user to the linux side. For some reason the login screen won't work. I
set up her account in passwd and group and I set up her home directory.
I can log her in as an su user with no problem. When I re-boot the
system and the splash screen comes up (KDE4), I can enter her name and
password but the system rejects the pass word. I've checked everything
about 3 times and can find nothing wrong. I would guess that I have
missed some niggally detail. The Windows XP side works fine. Any ideas?

Gary R.