Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 PM
istimsak abdulbasir

Default USB boot creator

*I am looking for a usb disk creator in debian squeeze to burn .iso images to a usb drive. Are there any good ones included in debian 6.0.5 or must I download them from the internet?
Istimsak Abdulbasir*

Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Gary Dale

I am looking for a usb disk creator in debian squeeze to burn .iso
images to a usb drive. Are there any good ones included in debian
6.0.5 or must I download them from the internet?

Istimsak Abdulbasir

Unetbootin

Archive: 5074A9D1.3040907@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/5074A9D1.3040907@rogers.com

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Mike O

If you already have a linux machine you can write the iso to a usb drive
with 'dd' or 'cat'. Check out the documentation on the debian web site
for more details.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Brian

On Tue 09 Oct 2012 at 20:17:21 -0400, Mike O wrote:

> If you already have a linux machine you can write the iso to a usb drive
> with 'dd' or 'cat'. Check out the documentation on the debian web site
> for more details.

This is a good idea but whether the ISO is an isohybrid one should be
checked first:

brian@desktop:~$ /sbin/fdisk -l debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso
You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso: 0 MB, 0 bytes
64 heads, 32 sectors/track, 0 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 = 1048576 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x50a4f79b

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso1 * 1 249 254944 17 Hidden HPFS/NTFS

'Hidden HPFS/NTFS' is what you would look for.