-   -   Core dump problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/709867-core-dump-problem.html)

"Karl E. Jorgensen" 10-05-2012 02:31 PM

Core dump problem

Hi

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 03:18:54PM +0100, Julien Groselle wrote:
> Hello Debian users,
>
> I want enable core dump on a debian squeeze server.
> So I have downloaded the source code of kernel (2.6.32) and i have activate
> this options :
>
> CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE=y
>
> CONFIG_KEXEC=y
>
> CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP=y
>
> CONFIG_KEXEC_JUMP=y
>

> Compilation*was*successful, but i can't use*core dump*because the file /proc/
> vmcore doesn't exist...
>
> But it seems to be*essential to do the trick.
>

> Could someone can help me to have core dump active on my server ?

Do you actually want a core dump of the kernel? Not a userland process?

If you are after coredumps of userland processes, check out ulimit (a shell built-in) - e.g.

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ crashing-program [ args ] ...
$ ls -l core

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jorgensen

Julien Groselle 10-08-2012 08:29 AM

Core dump problem

Hi,
Just a little up...We really need help on this point.Best regards.---
JG