-   -   Core dump problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/709862-core-dump-problem.html)

Julien Groselle 10-05-2012 02:18 PM

Core dump problem

Hello Debian users,
I want enable core dump on a debian squeeze server.So I have downloaded the source code of kernel (2.6.32) and i have activate this options :

CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE=y
CONFIG_KEXEC=y
CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP=y

CONFIG_KEXEC_JUMP=y

Compilation*was*successful, but i can't use*core dump*because the file /proc/vmcore doesn't exist...

But it seems to be*essential to do the trick.

Could someone can help me to have core dump active on my server ?

Thanks in advance.
---
JG