Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Sthu Deus

Default rtorrent on low_disk_space.

Good time of the day.

I can not configure rtorrent to close on low disk space - it just
closes on start after several seconds. In

~/.rtorrent.rc

I have:

schedule = watch_low_diskspace,300,1200,close_low_diskspace=1

That is it should start after 300 seconds, then check every 1200
seconds - regarding just 1 MB.

How do I do this?! - startpage did not answer me. )

Thanks for Your time.

Sthu.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Artifex Maximus

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can not configure rtorrent to close on low disk space - it just
> closes on start after several seconds. In
>
> schedule = watch_low_diskspace,300,1200,close_low_diskspace=1

Better to ask similar question on rtorrent list I think. How much free
space do you have when rtorrent stops? I have this line in my
configuration:

schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=500M

and working as intended. I do not see any M at the end of your line.
Might that a problem.

Bye,

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Artifex.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You wrote:

> Better to ask similar question on rtorrent list I think. How much free

OK. I will try unless registration is needed. Otherwise we will wait,
may somebody knows the trick.

> space do you have when rtorrent stops? I have this line in my
> configuration:

> schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=500M
>
> and working as intended. I do not see any M at the end of your line.
> Might that a problem.

I have really low space but:

1. rtorrent prelocates torrents - therefore, torrents can be and really
are downloaded except this check that fight w/ in vain.

2. So it checks for me too as for You - 500 MB limit, from my
experience, i.e. if I have that amount of free space I can continue
downloading - 499 - no.

3. I would like to manage it, nevertheless, for example, to put limit
to 100 MB instead.

Sthu.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Chris Bannister

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 11:05:02PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> I can not configure rtorrent to close on low disk space - it just
> closes on start after several seconds. In
>
> ~/.rtorrent.rc
>
> I have:
>
> schedule = watch_low_diskspace,300,1200,close_low_diskspace=1
>
> That is it should start after 300 seconds, then check every 1200
> seconds - regarding just 1 MB.
>
> How do I do this?! - startpage did not answer me. )
>
> Thanks for Your time.

I have:
schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=10M

Examples on google.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Chris.

You wrote:

> I have:
> schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=10M

Does it work for You - meaning if You have 11 MB free space - does it
down load still?

> Examples on google.

Which examples?!

Sthu.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Artifex Maximus

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Better to ask similar question on rtorrent list I think. How much free
>
> OK. I will try unless registration is needed. Otherwise we will wait,
> may somebody knows the trick.

I think you need registration there.

>> space do you have when rtorrent stops? I have this line in my
>> configuration:
>
>> schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=500M
>>
>> and working as intended. I do not see any M at the end of your line.
>> Might that a problem.
>
> I have really low space but:
>
> 1. rtorrent prelocates torrents - therefore, torrents can be and really
> are downloaded except this check that fight w/ in vain.

What prelocate means? Preallocate disk space for torrent content?

> 3. I would like to manage it, nevertheless, for example, to put limit
> to 100 MB instead.

Just change 500M to 100M. Or 1M if you like. But recommended not to
set it too low because rtorrent checks with a specified interval and
if your system fills your disk faster than free space within the
interval your disk becomes full earlier than next check.

Bye,

Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 12:39:05AM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day, Chris.
>

> Thank You for Your time and answer.
> You wrote:
>
> > I have:
> > schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=10M
>
> Does it work for You - meaning if You have 11 MB free space - does it
> down load still?

I was tight on space at one stage, and the default was no good for me,
so I added that to my .rtorrent file which solved it.

> > Examples on google.
>
> Which examples?!

You need to sharpen your search skills, or do you want me to spend my
time hunting them out? Hint: I found the above line by searching google.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Sthu Deus

You wrote:

> I think you need registration there.

I can not find the list! May, You know one?

> > I have really low space but:
> >
> > 1. rtorrent prelocates torrents - therefore, torrents can be and
> > really are downloaded except this check that fight w/ in vain.

Here "except this check that fight w/" should be read as "except this
check that *I* fight w/" - missed "I".

> What prelocate means? Preallocate disk space for torrent content?

rtorrent takes disk space before it actually fills it w/ torrent data.
I.e. torrent can be downloaded just 1% while on the disk it is located
for whole 100%. - So, though there is little free space remain, yet the
torrent can be successfully downloaded/uploaded already - but the
amazing (uncontrollable for me) check, prevents that to happen.

> > 3. I would like to manage it, nevertheless, for example, to put
> > limit to 100 MB instead.
>
> Just change 500M to 100M. Or 1M if you like. But recommended not to
> set it too low because rtorrent checks with a specified interval and
> if your system fills your disk faster than free space within the
> interval your disk becomes full earlier than next check.

Yes, that I know, thank You. But the problem is that it does not work!
- Setting to any lower that 500 MB profits me nothing: it still regards
500 MB limit (default one?) - so, it seems to me either it is a bug
or rtorrent just ignores this my setting, though it gives me no
error, and the other options that are in the same config. file are
read and are in use as I may see.

So, question for now: can You test it? - Setting the above option to
something less than 500 MB and to use torrent w/ a partition (You may
make one w/ tmpfs, say 300-400 MB, just for the test) that has less than
that free space?

Thank You for Your desire to help!

Sthu.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Chris.

You wrote:

> > > I have:
> > > schedule = low_diskspace,5,60,close_low_diskspace=10M
> >
> > Does it work for You - meaning if You have 11 MB free space - does
> > it down load still?

> I was tight on space at one stage, and the default was no good for me,
> so I added that to my .rtorrent file which solved it.

Oh, great! I wonder why it does not work for me now...

> > > Examples on google.
> >
> > Which examples?!
>
> You need to sharpen your search skills, or do you want me to spend my
> time hunting them out? Hint: I found the above line by searching
> google.

So I did too, but what it profits me in case it does not work?! And
more positive search result. Of course I do not wait that You will
search for me, but to share Your experience You easily could if You
would - IMO.

Sthu.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 01:04:34PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> > I was tight on space at one stage, and the default was no good for me,
> > so I added that to my .rtorrent file which solved it.

> Oh, great! I wonder why it does not work for me now...

Is the line the same? Did you restart rtorrent?

Version difference. (Although I doubt that is the issue.)

tal% rtorrent -h
Rakshasa's BitTorrent client version 0.9.2.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X