Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Artifex Maximus

Default rtorrent on low_disk_space.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think you need registration there.
>
> I can not find the list! May, You know one?

>> What prelocate means? Preallocate disk space for torrent content?
>
> rtorrent takes disk space before it actually fills it w/ torrent data.
> I.e. torrent can be downloaded just 1% while on the disk it is located
> for whole 100%. - So, though there is little free space remain, yet the
> torrent can be successfully downloaded/uploaded already - but the
> amazing (uncontrollable for me) check, prevents that to happen.

Thanks. Which version are you using? I am using latest git revision on
FreeBSD and only selected files use disk space others are zero in
length. I wrote a little script which links rtorrent and libtorrent
statically and makes easy to use side-by-side with stable version.

Now I do not understand your logic. Do you want to download bigger
torrent than your free space? How? You need as much space as your
torrent because torrent needs your downloaded chunks. Or just select
files which you want to download and that occupies (nearly) as much
space as your selection.

Bye,

Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Chris.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You wrote:

> Is the line the same? Did you restart rtorrent?

Yes. Of course restarted!

> Version difference. (Although I doubt that is the issue.)
>
> tal% rtorrent -h
> Rakshasa's BitTorrent client version 0.9.2.

Same here. )

Sthu.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Sthu Deus

Good time of the day, Artifex.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You wrote:

I saw that! - Do not know why did not use it - probably because at that
point I did not think to write to, but was looking for solution, then
latter when was looking for the list - did not find the list! )

> Thanks. Which version are you using? I am using latest git revision on
> FreeBSD and only selected files use disk space others are zero in
> length. I wrote a little script which links rtorrent and libtorrent
> statically and makes easy to use side-by-side with stable version.

I'm using 0.9.2 on wheezy.

> Now I do not understand your logic. Do you want to download bigger
> torrent than your free space? How? You need as much space as your

No. I want to feel the space already reserved for torrents. And make so
that the space check will not prevent it.

> torrent because torrent needs your downloaded chunks. Or just select
> files which you want to download and that occupies (nearly) as much
> space as your selection.

Wow! I did not know that I can choose files to download within single
torrent! Thank You for the tip!

Sthu.